“We had some cooling issue with the car,” said Raikkonen. “They almost managed to fix it but just ran out of time unfortunately.”
Raikkonen admitted he “didn’t really do a proper run today”. He lost more time with a spin at turn two during one of his laps.
“It’s hard to say [where we are] because we didn’t put the second run together or even the first run,” he said. “The car felt pretty good but I didn’t have very good laps. So it’s a bit more unknown than let’s say normally if we would have run it would be easier to say.
“But I don’t think it’s an awful lot different picture to how it was in the last race. Certainly it will be very close and if we get good laps in we might get a good result. We’ll see.”
Alfa Romeo ended the day ninth fastest of the 10 teams, ahead of Williams.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’