Which Formula 1 driver made the most of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix weekend?
It’s time to give your verdict on which driver did the best with the equipment at their disposal over the last three days.
Review how each driver got on below and vote for who impressed you the most at Baku City Circuit.
Driver performance summary
|Driver||Started||Gap to team mate (Q)||Laps leading team mate||Pitted||Finished||Gap to team mate (R)|
|Max Verstappen||3rd||-0.354s||43/45||1||18th||Not on same lap|
|Sergio Perez||6th||+0.354s||2/45||2||1st||Not on same lap|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||5th||+0.358s||2/51||2||8th||+3.881s|
|George Russell||15th||-0.4s||34/48||3||17th||Not on same lap|
|Nicholas Latifi||16th||+0.4s||14/48||2||13th||Not on same lap|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Vote for your driver of the weekend
Which driver do you think did the best job throughout the race weekend?
Who got the most out of their car in qualifying and the race? Who put their team mate in the shade?
Cast your vote below and explain why you chose the driver you picked in the comments.
Who was the best driver of the 2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix?
- No opinion (0%)
- Nicholas Latifi (0%)
- George Russell (0%)
- Nikita Mazepin (0%)
- Mick Schumacher (0%)
- Antonio Giovinazzi (0%)
- Kimi Raikkonen (0%)
- Yuki Tsunoda (0%)
- Pierre Gasly (8%)
- Carlos Sainz Jnr (0%)
- Charles Leclerc (1%)
- Fernando Alonso (3%)
- Esteban Ocon (0%)
- Sebastian Vettel (55%)
- Lance Stroll (0%)
- Daniel Ricciardo (0%)
- Lando Norris (0%)
- Sergio Perez (21%)
- Max Verstappen (11%)
- Valtteri Bottas (0%)
- Lewis Hamilton (1%)
Total Voters: 253
A RaceFans account is required in order to vote. If you do not have one, register an account here or read more about registering here
When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.
2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- Pirelli confirm teams not to blame for Baku tyre failures following investigation
- “Tyres should not explode like that” says Villeneuve as Pirelli prepares to reveal findings
- Why Alonso is able to enjoy F1 more now than when he left
- Penalty for Safety Car error was just one of Latifi’s frustrations in Baku
- Perez credits Albon’s contribution to his first win for Red Bull
Debates and polls
- Has Ferrari made the right move by hiring Vasseur to replace Binotto?
- Which qualifying format is the best in motorsport?
- Which F1 tracks would feature on your 2023 calendar?
- Which team has the best driver line-up on the 2023 F1 grid?
- Should the FIA only accept new teams with existing racing pedigree into Formula 1?