Formula 2 driver Dan Ticktum will move into Formula E with NIO next year, filling the final space on the grid.He was dropped from the latter unexpectedly in August.
The 22-year-old lies fourth in the F2 standings with DAMS. He is 49 points behind leader Oscar Piastri and still in contention to win the championship over the remaining two triple-header rounds.
He is the third rookie to join the Formula E field for 2022. Ticktum’s fellow newcomers include Antonio Giovinazzi, who will head to the series following his departure from Alfa Romeo’s Formula 1 team, and Oliver Askew, who was announced as Andretti’s second driver yesterday.
Testing for the new Formula E season will begin in Valencia next week.
Formula E drivers confirmed for 2022 so far
|Andretti||Jake Dennis||Oliver Askew|
|Dragon-Penske||Antonio Giovinazzi||Sergio Sette-Camara|
|DS Techeetah||Jean-Eric Vergne||Antonio Felix da Costa|
|Envision||Nick Cassidy||Robin Frijns|
|Jaguar||Sam Bird||Mitch Evans|
|Mahindra||Oliver Rowland||Alexander Sims|
|Mercedes||Nyck de Vries||Stoffel Vandoorne|
|NIO 333||Oliver Turvey||Dan Ticktum|
|Nissan e.Dams||Sebastien Buemi||Max Guenther|
|Porsche||Andre Lotterer||Pascal Wehrlein|
|Venturi||Edoardo Mortara||Lucas di Grassi|
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- Wehrlein takes Formula E points lead with second Saudi win
- Wehrlein holds off Dennis for first Diriyah eprix win
- How years in Mercedes’ F1 simulator are “bearing fruit” for Formula E rookie Hughes
- Vandoorne wants Formula E cars to make drivers look “more like heroes”
- Van der Linde to make Formula E debut in place of injured Frijns in Diriyah
Browse all Formula E articles