Guanyu Zhou has selected the race number 24 to use when he makes his Formula 1 debut next year.2022 F1 season will drive for Alfa Romeo alongside Valtteri Bottas.
Zhou is named as the driver of car number 24 in next year’s entry list issued by the FIA. He is the first driver to make that selection since permanent career numbers were introduced in 2014. The last driver to use the number was Timo Glock in 2012.
The entry list also indicates a change of official name for Ferrari. The team is now referred to simply as ‘Scuderia Ferrari’ rather than ‘Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow’.
Mission Winnow is a programme run by major Ferrari sponsor Philip Morris International which first appeared on Ferrari’s cars in late 2018. The cigarette manufacturer’s brand has been removed from the cars on several occasions since then, usually in countries which have strict rules on tobacco advertising, and returned at other venues. A striking, bright green Mission Winnow logo was introduced this year, which features on Ferrari’s engine cover.
Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto said last month it was “very likely PMI will remain, [but] maybe not as a title sponsor” beyond the end of this year.
View the current list of 2022 F1 drivers and teams
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- F1 planning year-round activities for Las Vegas race facility
- F1 makes £40.6 million profit in second quarter of 2022
- Exclusive: Albon on his successful return at Williams and learning to be “more selfish”
- ‘A shame’, ‘just about money’: F1 drivers fear Spa’s next grand prix will be its last
- Transcript: Why Ferrari told Leclerc ‘the hard is worse than expected’ but still used it