Williams’s new FW44 has run on track for the first time ahead of the 2022 F1 season.Nicholas Latifi driving the car at a wet Silverstone.
The new car was due to run shortly after the team presented its livery on a 2022 show car. However the first run was delayed by a minor electronics problem.
Williams is conducting a filming day at the Silverstone circuit, which allows them to cover up to a maximum of 100 kilometres using non-race-specific tyres. Alexander Albon is expected to take over from Latifi later in the day.
Pictures: 2022 Williams FW44 on track
This article will be updated
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Images: Williams via Twitter
2022 F1 season
- Red Bull Racing spent £230m during Verstappen’s title-winning 2021 campaign
- ‘I can’t box?’: Hamilton and Verstappen’s 2021 Abu Dhabi GP radio transcript
- Abu Dhabi’s legacy one year on: How the controversial 2021 finale changed F1
- The case for changing F1’s penalty points system as Gasly nears ban
- Aston Martin fined $450,000 for F1 budget cap violation