Mercedes have revealed a radical new development on their W13 ahead of the second pre-season test in Bahrain.
The team’s W13 appeared in the paddock at Bahrain International Circuit featuring revised, much slimmer sidepods.
Reports of a ‘sidepod-less’ W13 first emerged in Italian newspaper Corriere della Serra, which is believed to have been alerted to the design by one of Mercedes’ rivals.
The new car features tall, narrow cooling inlets in place of the square air intakes which appeared on the previous design.
Original Mercedes W13 in Spain
New Mercedes W13 in Bahrain
More Bahrain Mercedes W13 pictures
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- Why F1 drivers’ roles aren’t always as simple as ‘number one’ and ‘number two’
- FIA confirms it turned down request to grant superlicence to Herta
- As Verstappen cruises to F1 crown, which other title fights are worth watching?
- ‘I’ll always be that thorn in Domenicali’s side’: Hamilton isn’t done with F1, on or off-track
- Williams confirm Latifi will not drive for team again in 2023